INCA QUARRY TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 4 DAYS
The Inca Quarry is a great option of hiking for those who want to experience the nature, the Inca sites and getting a firsthand look of the country lifestyle in the Peruvian Andes. The Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu is within the abilities of most reasonably fit people. The hike is 32 kilometers long in total and its highest point is at 4,450 m/14600 ft above sea level. In this Inca Quarry Trek we will spend the first two nights camping and the third night you will stay at a hotel in Aguas Calientes.The Inca Quarry trek is for sure one of the top Alternative treks to Machu Picchu, listed by National Geographic Magazine.
Besides the amazing mountain scenery, flora, and fauna, the Cachicata Trek: The Inca Quarry to Machu Picchu enables you to be introduce to the Inca history during the trek, we will visit traditional villages and very important sites like: Perolniyoc Inca ruin, part of the Inca Trail to Ollantaytambo and the Cachicata Inca Quarry itself. The Cachiqata Trek allows you to see the place where the Inca builders carved the stones to build Ollantaytambo fortress.
- The route of the Inca quarry, is very little visited, if you are looking for walks outside the common ones, this is the indicated one, you will enjoy the solitude and the beautiful sunsets, surrounded by mountains and snow-capped peaks such as Veronica.
- Visit one of the most famous quarries where the Incas obtained their lithic materials of great proportions, it is still possible to see many stones already worked ready to be carrried.
- You can visit some of the local communities, who still practice the ancestral agriculture of the Incas.
- You will have the best postcard photo of the mountain of Veronica from the Inti Punku (Sun Gate). This route offers you beautiful archeological sites such as Perolniyoc, Ñaupa Iglesia (Choque keel).
- Enjoy a train trip to Machu Picchu, the route has a change of landscapes from the sacred valley to the cloud forest.
- Delight your palate with the best Cusqueña and Peruvian cuisine, everything is prepared by our experienced chefs.
The Inca quarry route has a moderate to demanding level, the first two days, there will be an ascent to heights of more than 4,000 meters. And then you have a descent to the valley floor of Ollantaytambo (2,700 meters). The weather is varied, for example if you make the route in the winter months (May-August) it is quite cold (-5 ° C). In contrast in the valley floor and Machu Picchu it is not cold in any month of the year. Since in a short time you will have to make great ascents and descents, you are advised to be accustomed to making great walks, and prepare yourself as running in the morning or going to the gym. Be ready to withstand drastic changes in temperatures, such as intense sun, rain, snowfall. Be sure to arrive to Cusco days before where you can adapt to the height and thus avoid headaches or nausea.
- Comfortable trekking tents, 02 nights.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes, 01 night.