SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 5 DAYS
Salkantay is the second best option
Salkantay is the second best option for those travelers who want to go to Machu Picchu, offering a totally full of natural scenes tour, passing through the foothills of the majestic Salkantay snow mountain, colorful villages where Spanish is the second language, and where the Andean people still maintains traditions that date back to ancient times. Unlike the Classic Inca Trail, Salkantay tour will take less visited places and with very little presence of tourists, allowing truly come into contact with the Andean world and interact with people.
We are the best company for Salkantay Trek
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA ( 7 hours)
We will pick up from your hotel in Cusco at 4:30 am, the we go by Bus to Mollepata where your adventure begins. You can admire the view over the beautiful country side of Izcuchaca and Limatambo. You can also enjoy the views of the snow capped peaks of the Vilcabamba while driving. The first day is not too much difficult. The first two hours the trek is done between the paths of high Andean vegetation, with forests of queuñas, Chachacomos, quiswar. Following an ancient Inca canal.
In the afternoon we arrive at camp Soraypampa where we will take the lunch, and spend the first night.
Then we have a short activity, the visist of Umantay lagoon, which is located 45 minutes from base camp. This lake has the peculiarity of having a turquoise color, and snowy with a spectacular sunset.
Night at 5: 00 pm will be our happy hour , and at 6: 00 pm the delicious dinner.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS – CHAULLAY (9 hours)
The second day is the hardest of the tour, as the 4600 meters Apacheta Pass must be crossed. For the troubles spectacular views reward to the snowy peaks of the Salkantay(6,264 m) and the Humantay (5,900 m) and the great panoramic views of the valleys on both sides. If you want, like the ancient Incas deposit a stone from the foot of the rise in Apacheta pass as an offering. It is also possible to take an easy walk (about 40 minutes) to the nearby lake Suyrococha. After the pass, the path leads downhill to Huayracmachay where you will stop for the lunch. Depending on the condition of the group is your guide leads you either another 2-3 hours downhill in the Rayanniyoc Camp (3,100 m) or more for experienced trekkers, 2 km away Chaullay camp. We will arrive at 5.00 pm after to walk more or less 9 hours.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – SANTA TERESA – HOT SPRINGS (5 hours)
Today it’s first downhill through various tropical plantations as Coffee, bananas, yucca, passion fruit, grown in the jungle of Cusco. Small waterfalls and crystal clear streams along the way invite you to a refreshing bath. With a little luck you can watch beside a stunning panorama, various birds, such as the Peruvian National Bird “Gallito de las Rocas”. In Lluscamayo we will have a small break , after it we ahve to walk for another 3 hours to La playa where we have the Lunch. Also we sill say thanks to our amazing horsemens, that had assit us during the 3 dyas. Finally we will take a local transportation to Santa Teresa , here is our third camping place, then all the group may visit the natural hot springs of Cocalmayo, to relax and in the afternoon you will came back to the city, if you like the party is also good , because you can go to the local discotek or bars .
DAY 4: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELÉCTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES (4 hours)
After the breakfast we have to go to the the village of Aguas Calientes, but there is also another extra activity of Zip Line, if you like to do just le tus to know in cusco at the briefing time to arrange it for you, but in case you don’t like to do this zipline you will walk from Santa Teresa until Hidroelelctrica, is like 3 hours. In Hidroelectrica we take the lunch at midday, then is our final walk of 3 hours more until Aguas Calientes , this walk is very nice, becuase you will kine along the train tracks and enjoying the view of the vilcanota river, as well you can see some terraces of the machupicchu. We will arrive to the Hostel at 17:00pm, there the accomodations are double bed rooms. In the night you have the dinner and the orientation to visist Machupicchu.
DAY 5: MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
This day we will have to get up early, we usually get up at 4:30 am, either to walk or bus.
The walk lasts an hour and a half, while the bus is 30 minutes, but the queue must be made very early. To visit Machu Picchu we will meet the guide at the ticket control gate where you must show your original passports.
Since the month of July 2018, the new regulation has come into force, in which the visitor can only use the ticket only once, as well as visits to Machu Picchu has been divided into two groups the first shift is 6 : 00 am to 12:00 pm, and the second from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
We do the tour in the first shift, with the guide we will visit the sacred city for two hours, the most important places. Then you can stay an average of an hour and a half longer and make your withdrawal from the Inca complex. Then return to the town of Aguas Calientes, where lunch, and wait for his train Vuelta (18:20 pm); towards the Town of Ollantaytambo. From there, we will pick up our transfer to Cusco, arriving at Plaza San Francisco at 10:30 p.m.
- Pre-departure briefing
- Transport: Pick up from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transportation to Challacancha (starting point of the trek).
- Experienced Guide: English speaking professional and official tour guide.
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent
- Camping equipment: Dining and kitchen tents, tables, chairs.
- Entry fee to Machu Picchu.
- Foam mats or sleeping pads: to put under your sleeping bag (carried by horses)
- Accommodation: 3 nights camping and 1 night accommodation in selected hostel in Aguas Calientes
- 1 Duffle Bag: Where you can put your personal belongings (5 kilograms = 10 lbs) which includes your sleeping bag.
- Trekking Cook: In charge to prepared all the meals along the journey, over 6 people cook assistant
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 dinners and Snacks (Vegetarian, vegan or special menus are available at no extra cost)
- Medical kit: Our crew bring the First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train tickets: From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (expedition service)
- Transport: Transfer from Ollantaytambo Train Station to Cusco
- Sleeping Bags: ($ 20. USD), our sleeping bags are -15ºC-comfort (0ºF), mummy. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 30 trips.
- Walking Sticks: ( $ 15:00 USD )
- First day Breaksfast
- Last Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes
- Huaynapicchu Mountain ( $ 30 usd )
- Bus to Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes ( $ 24.00 usd)
- Other personal expenses