TITICACA LAKE 2D/1N
For this tour we must leave Cusco in a bus at 10:00 pm, after 7 hours arrive at the land terminal, and then start the visit of the island of Amantaní is 40 km (25 miles) from Puno (3 hours Normal boat navigation). It is the most popular service tour of Lake Titicaca, where you can share the experiences of the different ethnic groups like the Aymaras, Quechuas. Let them teach you their traditions, ritual music and agricultural activities. As the planting and harvesting of tubers, cereals, and fishing in the highest lake in the world.
DAY 1: PUNO – ISLAND OF THE UROS – ISLAND OF AMANTANI
05:30: Pick up of passengers from the Bus Terminal to the reception of the Hotel
07:30: Pick up of passengers from the hotel to transfer them to the Port of Puno
08:15: The boat departs in the direction of Amantani.
08:45: Visit to the Uros Islands. Here we participate in a cultural demonstration that allows us to discover the way of life of the inhabitants of the Uros Islands, and we will know very closely their experiences and traditions, such as the construction of rafts, construction of islands and houses, the properties of Totora .
13:30: We arrive at the island of Amantaní where the host family awaits us to welcome us and take us to their lodging house.
14:00: Lunch at the lodging house.
16:00: It starts a walk towards the highest point of the island. It is the ceremonial center called “Pachatata”. From this point we will appreciate a magical Andean sunset.
19:00: Dinner and overnight at a local family house.
Many times the families that host travelers are organized to make a Peña. They call it a small celebration with music and Andean dance that will be invited and if you feel like participating, surely you will have a great time !.
DAY 2: AMANTANI – TAKILE – PUNO
08:00: After breakfast begins the embarkation at the Amantani pier to continue towards Taquile.
09:00: We arrive at Taquile by a secondary port on the island, from where we follow a steep sloping path that leads to the main village of the island.
10:15: Arrival to the town and visit of the artisan markets.
11:45: Lunch in Taquile (lunch is not included in the price).
12:30: We started the return to the main port of Taquile. It is made a walk of about a now and is lowered by the stairs of 538 steps that are the main access of the island.
13:00: The boat returns to Puno.
17:00 End of the tour , after this amazing experience you can go to the main plaza of Puno, to look for one restaurant and take your dinner ( not included); becuase the bus back to cusco is at 22:00 pm.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Official tour guide in Spanish and English for two days
- Pick up from Bus Terminal
- Normal boat transportation (3 and a half hours to Amantaní and 2 and a half hours from Taquile to Puno)
- 1 night accommodation and meals in Amantani (01 lunch, 01 dinner, 01 breakfast). The local family will provide you with many blankets but if you have a sleeping bag, take it to Amantani, you will feel lighter. The bathrooms are basic and there is not always running water.
- Tickets to the islands of Uros, Amantaní and Taquile
- Bus service bed from Cusco to Puno round trip
- Extra drinks (water, coffee, beer, etc.)
- First breakfast, Lunch in takile and last day dinner
- Warm and comfortable clothes for the night and the first hour of the morning
- Cotton T-shirts for the day
- Hand sanitizer and camera